Monday, February 05, 2007

Watch what you say....
to your kids, it always comes back haunt you! Here's one from Ainsley tonight....

[Mom] talking in a louder voice to Dad who was downstairs
[Ainsley] Mom, what you talking? (she is not always grammatically correct!)
[Mom] I was talking to Daddy.
[Ainsley] You talking loud to Daddy! (talking loud or "louding" is her version of "yelling")
[Mom] No I wasn't talking loud to him.
[Ainsley] Yes! You WERE talking loud to him!
[Mom] No honey, I wasn't.
[Ainsley] (sigh) You also need to think about that. (stomps off)

Hmmm, that must be something she hears frequently. :) And just for the record, Ainsley uses the word "also" constantly. As in, "I also want lunch" "I also love Hayley" "I also no want to." These statements are generated completely out of the blue and not usually attached to anything. Some other common words out of her mouth...
"But I also no not want to." or "Betuz I also no want to." (Because....)
In fact she uses the word "betuz" (because) in front of the majority of her sentences.
"Aww, why not?"
"No, I no liiike this. Oh, yes! I also like this!" (all one sentence)
"Betuz my tummy is also hurting." (when she doesn't want to eat something...however said tummy is perfectly fine if offered chocolate!)
"Tan I watch a moooofee?" (Can I watch a movie)
And when you ask, what movie would you like to watch?
"Tan I watch Mermaid-uh?" (Can I watch Mermaidia? Current favorite Barbie movie, has probably watched it 50 times)

Another one the other day....I asked her if she wanted something (don't remember what) and she said no, and I think I asked her again and she huffed and replied "what did I just tell you?" That little one repeats my words ALL. THE. TIME.

Weird Ainsley food quirks....
If she has a cheese stick, she MUST have a yogurt afterwards, or vice versa. Same with goldfish crackers and granola bars (ohla bar) - can't have one without the other.

She is a treat and a ham and a handful and just all around enjoyable and adorable at this age....and we're glad to see the "twos" starting to dwindle - whew.

No comments: