Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Glamping.
Go ahead. Google "glamping". Because for those that know me, they know I am NOT a lover of camping. Now this "glamping"....THAT I could get used to! Most of my camping-loving friends make fun of me for being a princess and not enjoying roughing it and tent camping. Come on people, I've used many cactus for potties as a kid, I've roughed it with the best of 'em!

Anyway, our friend's son, Grant, came up with an idea to have a campout in their backyard this summer. In spite of the blustery weather, we had our campout this past weekend. We put up tents (ours happened to be a borrowed one that hadn't been cleaned since being used in Mexico so it smelled like farm animals and came complete with a dead lizard...), cooked hot dogs and smores over the fire, and slept in the great outdoors. Wow. Thank goodness when morning came we had a Forza coffee shop nearby to get a latte. And we got to cook AND eat breakfast indoors. THAT was nice. Especially the yummy pancakes and eggs that Tim & Heather cooked. All in all, it was a fun time and I was (I hope) a good sport but I am NOT camping anywhere in a tent other than a backyard! Seriously!

The kids, however, had a fabulous time. :) Here are a couple pictures - and yes, Heather, I left out the "morning after" shots.



Cool Slideshows!


4 comments:

Brian said...

You've got to be kidding me . . .

The picture of you in the kitchen holding the "latte" with that smug look on your face like you just beat the system . . . pathetic.

I also enjoyed seeing Dan with the instructions . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! I laughed so hard over this one! Evidently neither you nor Rick got the camping gene, either that or all the camping we did when you guys were little scarred you for life! A LATTE on a "camping trip"? Coffee is supposed to be boiled in an old kettle over a campfire and drunk in a old cracked ceramic mug (or a folding aluminum one that burns your hands)! Sooo, who actually put the tent up??

Kathy said...

Alright. So, I'm almost in tears missing all of you guys. Great pics and great time it looks like! I love the old used tent "complete with a dead lizard." Hilarious. You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOO roughin' it!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!I completely agree with Melissa - altho Glamping it is just going a little too far. I am a GREAT camper, as long as I have a clean motel room, comfy mattress and lots of hot water in the morning, then breakfast in the coffee shop!! I would have gone for the latte, as well. And I did my fair share of camping as a kid, suffice it to say I NEVER liked being sandy, dirty, smelling like wood smoke and having to haul my tushie to the nearest girl's room ,usually about a 1/2 mile hike away! And you hearty campers can keep the mosquitoes and hornets, as well....just bring me a s'more when you get home! I have to admit, tho, the pic of Dan reading the instructions was TOO funny. And who DID put up the tent, elves?? \,,/ AM