Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh my sweet daughter.....
I had to share this - recently in Hayley's class, they had a lesson on butterflies. All the kids (in pairs - she was partnered with her friend Jakiya) got caterpillars and they got to watch them transform into butterflies, and then took them outside and let them go. Hayley enjoyed this so much she wrote a letter to her butterfly and I just had to post it on here - it is so sweet! (posted exactly as she wrote it):

"Dear Jessica, (my butterfly)
I miss you so much. I wish you where still here with Jakiya and I. You probly don't remember, but when you where a caterpiller, you still where adorabale, but you where fury, small and a little fat. You are now a butterfly, and yes a buttefull butterfly, and I love you the way you are. I have an idea how to remember you. I am going to write three songs. One will be about you. It will be cald, "Jessica, My buttufull butterfly." I will wrigt you'rs first. I want to see you, or you're friend to tell me where you are. If you see me, signile me somhowe. I love you with all my heart. You're best friend, Hayley. "

Isn't that just the cutest thing ever? I just love how she finds the beauty in everything and how much she can enjoy the simplest things in life. And she's not afraid to share her feelings about something like this - I admire that immensely! I love this girl!! :)

4 comments:

Sam and Brandi said...

How sweet is that!?!!?

She's just so full of love. Good job Mom and Dad! I wonder what her butterfly's signal will be? :)

Vollmer Family said...

That is the sweetest thing I think I've ever read! What a sweet, tender heart she has!!

Shirley Casey said...

That is so adorable. Oh to be that young and innocent again. I hope you plan on keeping that little note. :O) What a sweetie!

The Coatney's said...

Ok, I must be hormonal because this actually made me cry. That is so adorable. When do we lose that tenderness? She is precious!