Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1st Day of Preschool!!!
Ainsley started preschool this week and was SO excited to go! The day before, we were waiting to pick Hayley up at school and I reminded her the next day SHE got to go to school....and I heard her talking to herself, "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm going to preschool, I'm so excited!" It was so darned cute. Because Hayley didn't go to preschool, this is uncharted territory for us, and I was expectedly sad when I took her the first day...especially when she told me not to come in, just to get in the car and go home. Stinker. I of course went inside (photo op!) and got her settled and found her cubby with her slippers. She just couldn't contain her joy in being there and I was so proud of her for going right in without any apprehension. This is our girl that took 3 days to adjust to Disneyland so we were expecting an adjustment period. Nope. She'd been waiting for this day for almost a year now and nothing was going to spoil it for her. When I dropped her off, the teacher had her give me a little poem about The Kissing Hand with her little hand that they traced on her assessment day. I had to pretty much grab it and run so I didn't cry in front of everyone I didn't know. :) She had a fabulous first day and was so happy that she was well-behaved because she got to pick a carrot out of the garden as a reward!! Whew, that was reassuring.
Of course, here are some pictures:

Sassy little preschooler!


Ainsley and her proud sister


So excited as we were driving to school!


Here we are....still excited!


Okay mom, just go now!


Ainsley and her buddy Hope (do they look old or WHAT?!?!?)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Melissa,
These pictures of Ainsley are TOO CUTE! And how special that she gets to go to pre-school with her friend, Hope!

Shirley said...

she is too precious!

Kathy said...

The Kissing Hand has created lots of tears this month!!! Our family too... great pics - love the sassy ones of her. She looks so big! Your girls are both so darn cute!

bennettsgotoseminary said...

Aww! They both are adorable. How do you stand it?

NaeLee said...

Such a cute post. I love the sassy pic of Ains- it's adorable!

Jane Anne said...

I love all of the photos! My favs are the sassy photos and the one with Hope. She is so adorable! I hope she is loving preschool.