Today was the first day of school...and the first day that Hayley said she was "officially" in 3rd grade. She's adamant about that, regardless what we say...I'm glad she has strong convictions.
Here are a couple pics...last night I made a pencil cake to celebrate school starting...well, really it was a brownie. And it was quite tasty with all that frosting on there. :)
And of course getting ready to head off for school. I think she feels like she finally got school clothes that are "her"...and I'm glad she doesn't look like a ragamuffin. No dresses or frilly stuff for this girl.
And a comparison of the last 4 "1st day" photos - oh, how she's changed! Do you love her new 'do (thanks Christy!!!) this year? Kinda funny that it's the same as Kindergarten! (click to see photo larger)
6 comments:
I love this time of year. Your pencil cake is awesome!! Tell Hayley I think her first day outfit is cool - love the messenger back and the jeans ROCK!
All I can say is "OG"!! :)
Sharon
You know I meant messenger bag, not back, right?
Sharon
Ahhh... the infamous pencil cake!! It looks so, so delicious. I am impressed. What a special treat!
I love the collage of pictures from each year.
I love the cake! Great idea! I can't believe how grown up she is getting. The messenger bag just kills me! Too cute! ~Shirley
i also love the "cake"! but the pics are the best. i love being able to see the changes in her through the years!
Cute cake and I love your annual first day comparison pictures!!! Such a fun idea. I seem to change my front porch every year or two, but the kid could still be the same!
Post a Comment