Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy (almost) New Year!

Where did Christmas go? I always wonder - with all the preparations, baking, shopping, wrapping, decorating....and then POOF! it's over so quickly. But we did have a wonderful time, although busy busy. Hayley had her dance recital that was postponed from the weekend of the power outage - she did such a great job and was so stinking cute! See for yourself.... in case you can't figure it out, she takes a hip-hop dance class. :)


We had fun staying overnight at the Lights of Christmas again, then our 4th (?) annual Guay family Dec. 23rd tradition - put on our pjs, fill our cups with cocoa and drive around town looking at Christmas lights. And this year we actually got to attend church on Christmas Eve for the first time ever - the girls loved the candlelight service and Ainsley managed to not light anyone on fire with her candle. We had our inaugural "Christmas Eve BLT's with the Irey's" event. :) Christmas Day was so fun at home - Ainsley really "got it" this year and was in awe that Santa filled our stockings. Then a loud, crazy, fun-filled day at Grandma & Papa's where we made a mess, played games and ate WAY too much food. So fun!
Now we're at that point when you start looking at the decorations and thinking "I should take these down...." but I really don't WANT to do that yet. Instead we get to prepare for a fun weekend with Sam, Brandi, Ella and Anna visiting - YAY! and then 2007 will be upon us. Wow.

That's about it in a nutshell - here are some photos to enjoy - I love the one of Ainsley on the horse, she was SO excited to get on that HUGE horse her smile was ear to ear and she is still talking about it! Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year! (I'm posting the pics small but hopefully everyone knows you can click on them to see them larger!)










1 comment:

bennettsgotoseminary said...

What wonderful Christmas traditions! I think Ainsley needs a pony next year for Christmas! We miss you guys lots!