Sunday, December 17, 2006

Stormy days are behind us...?

Wow, what a storm we had! Last Thursday night was a wild, windy night - I can't believe how hard the winds were. I think we had gusts up in the 60mph range. Thankfully the wind was coming in from the south so there wasn't any danger of trees falling on our house. Our power went out sometime early Friday morning and finally came back on Saturday afternoon. We did manage to buy a generator (probably the last available one in Pierce County...) so that kept some normalcy to our day and we actually could plug in a lamp, use our stove and I was even able to blowdry my hair Saturday morning! Dan left for San Francisco early Saturday morning and I was just not up to dealing with the generator and trying to find gas (most stations around us were out of gas, though they did have power) and not much that we were able to do so we packed up and headed for my parents house. Yay - heat & light & people!!! It was nice to spend the weekend watching the kids play with their cousins, Reilly & Mackenzie, and making cookies with Grandma. Of course the power came back on just a couple hours after I left but it was nice to have a weekend off and not worry about my "to-do list". It was a terrible storm that left so many (1 million customers!) without power for a long time so I am thankful that we were one of the very fortunate ones. I really need to focus on that when I start to complain and think I'm so bad off and there are others that still don't have power.
I am praying that we are done with the wind and storms for a long time!

No comments: