New Year's Resolutions
I mean, really who doesn't have them? Probably those that don't cave to peer pressure! :) I, on the other hand, always have given in to peer pressure. Which got me in lots of trouble as a teen. But that's another post entirely. So here they are:
1. Better to the environment: Changing all our household cleaning products, better at recycling, composting our food waste.
2. Better to ourselves: Eating more organic food, minimizing processed foods, eating only whole-wheat or whole-grain foods, less fats and sugars, more fruits and veggies, growing more things in the garden, back to a regular workout schedule, paying attention to the amount of food I eat.
3. Better to each other: More time with family playing, less time spent on crazy schedules, improved communication with each other.
4. Better to our friends: Inviting friends over on a regular basis (regardless of how the house looks, I mean, really, who cares?), more of ourselves investing in relationships, actually having playdates for the kids (I don't know why I'm so bad at that, it's just out of my nature or something).
5. Better at organizing: I really love to organize things, truly I do, and I'm pretty organized as it is, but there are definitely areas that can be improved, that would hopefully free up time to allow for #3 above. I have lots of project ideas that I can't wait to tackle!
Okay, so it probably sounds like I'm about to join a commune, but really I'm not. :) I have always been fairly conscious about what I put in my body through food, medicine and even chemicals and with the allergies in this house, we can afford to improve in that area. I just want to simplify life for our family, and though some of these things sound complicated, I really feel once we get in the routines it will make life a lot easier in many ways.
And I really want to get back to scrapbooking more!!! I miss the creative outlet immensely. I may need to schedule in the time to do it so it doesn't get left by the wayside. I miss it tons.
Wow, I think that's enough! Anyone else? I am bound and determined to stick to these things because I have little patience for those that complain about things in their life that they can change, especially myself. I shouldn't be whining about my clothes not fitting if I'm not making that choice to workout and eat healthier. Stop the insanity! :)))
Okay, enough is enough - next post will have photos of adorable children instead of my random thoughts!!!
6 comments:
Yay! You go! I don't do new years resolutions but I have been feeding Gav way more veggies courtest of the deceptively delicious cookbook, another blog in itself. Anyway, try the smoothie. Put it on your resolution list. You will love it and I PROMISE that you won't taste the spinich. Give it a try. Would one drink kill you? Also, yay for being eco. I need to be better. I should quit picking out the biggest tree at red barn and get a fakie.
Did you watch Oprah recently??!! Her show was all about this very topic.... minus the scrapbooking! Myriam
Does that mean you really will help me paint the brick arch-and/or mural in my living room??? (you said you would)....:))) As resolutions go, these are all attainable and mean a world of difference in your lives. I applaud your determination for positive changes and will follow your lead (although we already do the composting-grow-and-eat-your-own-veggies thing) by adding mine: This year, I'm joining the YMCA in GH and will use that pool for my exercise and, by gum, start feeling better. There, now it's out there and I can't take it back. This will be a great year all around! :-D
Always love seeing pictures of your adorable girls but its nice to read a post of "your ramblings". Makes me feel better about "my ramblings"! ;)
And about that scrapbooking you are wanting to get back into - We scrap the 2nd Friday of every month at the church you currently attend! You should join us!!!! From 6pm til whenever. We have lots of fun and sometimes even get some scrapping accomplished!
BTW - tomorrow is the 2nd Friday of the month! ;}
You are so mature Melissa! I am very impressed with your resolutions! I did wonder if you would cheat a little on the healthy eating one and come to the Chocoholic Frolic with Erik and me?? Feb 17th--all the chocolate you can eat, plus it is a fundraiser for literacy or something :)
BTW - i don't know the bennetts, but if you don't agree to go to the Chocoholic Frolic with them - I'm going to beg an invitation! :}
Post a Comment