Randomness
A funny thing about Ainsley...she has 2 thumbs and 8 thingers. :)
Ainsley has been trying to spell words like crazy -
Butterfly = bdfl
Casserole = casrl
Rams = rams (wow!!!)
What is it about the weather "guessers" in the PNW? Snow today? Really? When it's sunny and 42 degrees? Huh.
We are working on planning our Disneyland trip next month. I am learning more about the ins and outs of meals and photos and rides and attractions than I ever thought I would possibly need to know. It hasn't been that long since we've been there (4-1/2 years!) but they add so many new things it's hard to keep up. The girls are so excited, though Ainsley has no clue what it is. She can really only compare it to the Puyallup Fair so she's in for a HUGE treat. I don't know that Hayley really remembers much of it, maybe bits and pieces. However she is SO excited to go on Space Mountain. I told her it's dark and fast and jerky and scary and she'll definitely scream and she might even cry....and her face lit up and her eyes got big and she said, "COOL!!!!!!!!" Obviously takes after her dad. :)
I don't have much more to say today. I have been busy with plans for our 1st Annual MOPS & POPS Valentine Banquet. It's going to be a fun date night - we have a caterer and a photographer and beautiful decor and a fun game and raffles and prizes.....can't wait!!! It's always crazy leading up to big events but I think it will be a really fun night - it's always nice to get the husbands involved in the MOPS ministry and meeting each other and possibly forming connections that you wouldn't have otherwise done. So this week is pretty single focused for me and then after Saturday I can breathe again, whew.
I might steal my friend Jaime's idea on her blog - she has been posting a recipe each week - for those of you that know me, you know I LOVE to cook and bake and am a collector of recipes and cookbooks (I just like to read food descriptions!). So maybe I'll try sharing some of my favorites here and there.
5 comments:
Yay! I'm always up for a new recipe. Please share! I'm already in love with your chicken chili so I'm sure to love the others.
Ooohhh, Disneyland. I'm so jealous. I have never been! How Un-American! I can't wait until my kids are older and I can warrant a reason to go. You guys will have so much fun!
OK, I am a teensy itsy bitsy bit jealous about the MOPS and POPS Valentine banquet. How Fun!!
And, I would LOVE it if you shared recipes! Your white chicken chili has given you an incredible reputation at our house.
Isn't it a bit early for a Valentine banquet? I guess it's never too early for amour.... :) Bring on the recipes! You get some good stuff, man.....I love to come to dinner at your house, it's always yum... BTW, when are you gonna post pics of the snow and the girls?? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-D \,,/
I think that white chicken chili recipe is absolute heaven!!! I stole it from Jane Anne. Now when we have it, I'll have to let everyone know the recipe came from your kitchen. I also stole Jane Anne's Chicken/Cranberry slow cooker recipe that she put on her blog, which she took from Heather. It was a huge hit as well. All that to say, I'd love for you to post a recipe weekly. That would be wonderful!
BTW, tall shoes for the girls while at Disneyland could mean getting on a ride they wouldn't have been able to without them. We had them for Savanah when we went almost two years ago and it made a HUGE difference on her being able to get on rides. The only one she couldn't go on was Indiana Jones. Don't know if your kiddo's are short like mine but I was so happy we'd got the tennies with thick, thick soles.
Oh yeah, we also got the girls bear bells and I absolutely would recommend that. They never got lost once but we could hear them all the time and yet it wasn't an annoying sound.
Post a Comment