Really, I think we should have Mother's Day once a month. :) It was a fun day - I got some perfume I requested (Delicious Night by DKNY - LOVE it!) and the girls made me some cute cards and were just sweet little things. I have to add what Hayley wrote in her card - this child amazes me with her writing abilities! I mean, I am envious of the fact that my 2nd grader has better writing skills than me. I always struggled with writing in school. They have been learning some skills that I don't remember being taught, which would have been helpful. Anyway, here's her cute card - she made it at school (typed verbatim):
Dear Mom, I adore you!
And by the way, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!
I imensly relish the things listed below:
-cookies -cake -+more!
Okay, where was I. YES!!
You sure as clever as coyote! Okay.
Now, you are the best Mom on the universe!
Sorry about yelling but it is true! Bye!
Sincerely, Hayley Guay
p.s. You'r sharp!
Oh, I love this card and the cute little pumpkin that wrote it!
The school-aged kids sang in church today, and they also had a video with interviews of the kids and were asked "why do you love your mom"....Hayley was one of them and she said "I love my mom because she cooks three meals for me everyday." Awwwwwwww. How perfect is that that my child mentioned food!?!?!? Such a proud mom!
After church we headed to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens but alas, it was raining so we headed over to Bellevue Square and did a little window shopping and had a little snack. Okay, actually the snack is worth mentioning (me being a foodie and all) - there is a little bakery in the mall called Specialty's Bakery ... OH YUM. Their cookies are soooooooo good. Dan and the girls had chocolate chip, I had a oatmeal wheat germ bran chocolate chip something cookie - THE BEST. Seriously, like enough to now give me cravings. And of course it's healthy, right?? Wow, it was so so so very good. So anyway. We ended up spending about an hour playing at a park as the gardens parking was full. Then had dinner at Salute, a grrrrrreat Italian restaurant in Bellevue. The food was fabulous and they had live entertainment - a pianist and opera singer who sang songs about moms and motherhood - very sweet. It was a lot of fun and the girls did really good. And I'm looking forward to my leftovers tomorrow....... :)
Here are some pics of our park time:
<
5 comments:
LOL. No one heard me.
You've got me wanting to try those wheat germ, chocolate, oatmeal whatever else, cookies!! Just so happens I've started back to the gym today....you would do that to me!! Maybe you should bring samples to the MOPS planning day?!? (: Sounds like you had a great day!
Oh! I love, love, love Hayley's card! I am such a sucker for homemade gifts from my kids. I cannot believe she wrote all that herself. "Clever as a Coyote" - so cute! I bet the videa was priceless, too. Glad you had a nice mother's day!
You're making me hungry! That restaurant sounds really neat - and yummy. Glad you had a wonderful day!!! And the poem was so cute - she must get her "clever"-ness from you, eh?!!!
I want to know what you had at Salut - their food sounds fantastic! Cute card from 'Hay' ;)
Post a Comment