Monday, May 19, 2008

Love this quote
I don't know why, but this quote from a movie I watched this weekend really hit me. It's from Shall We Dance and I had to look it up online as I really liked it! The wife in the movie was asked why people get married and this was her response:

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'."

It just struck me. It's just those important things that go beyond the "feeling" of loving someone, and moving on to actually loving them. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I just wanted to share it.

7 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh, that IS a good quote. I like it. Is it is good movie, as well?

Collins Fam said...

you are so cute! I really like that quote too, my fellow chick flicker.:)

NaeLee said...

What a great quote~ so true!! Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

Ok. You got me. I'm totally PMSing and now you made me teary!! Thanks a lot!! (:

Kimberly said...

Ready the quote on your blog totally made me remember being struck by it while watching the movie. It is a great, great quote and a pretty good movie.

btw - your quote may have made stephanie tear up but her comment made me laugh!

Kimberly said...

***OOPS***
i meant reading - not ready

Anonymous said...

Shall We Dance is a remake of a Japanese film. If you like foreign movies with subtitles, watch it. It is better, (well, in my opinion), than the Richard Gere version. Although, it may be missing the great quote.
Sharon