Monday, August 11, 2008

Seaside, Oregon Vacation


We always have to take a photo with our toes in the sand - it's required. Like it's a beach law or something, I don't know.
I just can't NOT do it.


I love this photo but the first time I looked at it I thought it was Hayley then did a double-take when I realized it's Ainsley. Sigh. Where did that baby go, she's a big girl now!


This was the craziest thing - at Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach - apparently the sand was "low" due to winter storms so this entire rock field was uncovered. Have NEVER seen it like this before, we always walk right up to the rock. As you can see, it was also very foggy. As we sat and ate lunch the rock kept completely disappearing in the heavy fog.


I know it's hard to see but this bird (it's a Black Oystercatcher) was so funny. He kept squawking and it sounded like he was very distraught or in pain, it was awful! I was so worried about him! Until we read the sign that said this bird ALWAYS sounds upset. Sheesh. False alarm.


Chilling on the beach with our lunch (literally, CHILLing, was not a warm day!)


Yep, I'm cute and I know it. You know it too.


Where are the smores?!?!?!?!


The men did the hunting (er...buying hot dogs) and fire-building... AND the cooking! Woop woop!!!


Papa & Hayley enjoying toasted marshmallows - is there anything better?


Say cheese Grandma!


Aww, what a cute picture Mom!


me and my girl


me and my girl, part 2


me and my guy :)


but I WANT more marshmallows!!!


Isn't this the coolest sunset? It was the only time we saw the sun all day!


I thought this was so cool - and no it's NOT a nuclear attack.


Okay, okay, I know this is gross, yes, I took a picture of poop. But the footprints in front of the poop made us laugh so hard! Really, I don't care WHO you are, that's funny.


yay, the girl can spell!!! :)

We had a great vacation. The weather didn't cooperate so much but hey, we were at the beach, how can you go wrong. It was just relaxing and fun and just good to get away from the daily grind. Though we about had some trouble when Dan unknowingly dropped the car keys in the sand at Haystack Rock. Someone actually found them and turned them into the hotel we were sitting in front of!!! Praise the Lord for Good Samaritan's, I wish we could have found those people and thanked them! And of course this was AFTER I bumped into the car in front of me. Sheesh. No damage though.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love the vacations pics and the feet picture is the best with the bird footprints and poop coming in second!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
While I was at Ecola (which is in Cannon Beach) my really good friend and I were walking on the beach with two boys late at night during a storm and we dropped our keys. We went back out with a flashlight and only by the leading hand of God did we find them! It was amazing!!!

Kathy said...

Great pictures! Love it all - especially the poop pic. Hilarious. Nobody catches pictures like that!!! You should enter it into a contest or something, really! Glad you could enjoy a glorious sunset too... fun family memories - can't beat em.

Jane Anne said...

The Poop picture-- I actually said outloud "That IS funny". The rest of the pictures were precious. Glad you had a good vacation! We still need to make a trip to Seaside.