Monday, February 11, 2008

A Date night with Daddy
I love that the Parks & Rec puts on a Father-Daughter Sweetheart Dance!! This is the third year that Dan has gone - the 2nd time with both girls. And they love to get all dressed up and have a date night out with daddy (and I get time ALONE!) :))
Dan got the girls wrist corsages (they were so tiny and cute!) and took them out to a nice dinner at the Hungry Goose Bistro and then on to the dance. They were so excited to have both won something - Hayley got balloons in the raffle drawing and Ainsley won chocolate for being the youngest one there. Here are some pictures!

















A couple of random favorite-thing-about-my-girls that I was thinking about this morning.
Ainsley - this girl loves chocolate. I mean, LOVES chocolate as intensely as me. Last night for dessert, I told her she could have some of her chocolates that she won at the dance. When she took one out of the box, she held it in her hands, looked at it with these HUGE eyes and her entire little body literally SHOOK with the anticipation of the first bite. I thought she was going to fall off her stool! It was really funny to see her reaction to it!
Hayley - imagine her stumbling downstairs in the morning, squinty-eyed in the bright light, hair every-which-way, still in her footie pjs (love these by the way) and holding in her hands just below her chin is a little heart shaped pillow that says "HUG ME". I of course, obeyed immediately. :) It was just so cute, she takes a bit to wake up in the morning (kind of like her Grandma Wolfe!) so I loved how she used this to "talk" - it was really funny and made me smile all over again when I was thinking about it this morning.
Sweet girls of mine!!!!

3 comments:

Jane Anne said...

These pictures are the best! I just love that Dan takes the girls to the Sweetheart Dance every year. The corsages are sweet... no jewelry this year?!

Kimberly said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet photos. The little girlies are getting to be quite grown up.....wah! Sigh. It's really affecting sentimental old me. \,,/ Auntie M