Sunday, February 17, 2008

Has it already been FOUR years?!?!?

Today (Monday) is Ainsley's 4th birthday - where does the time go? While I am happy to be on to new things and growing and maturing, I am really missing the 3-year old too! I think with her being the last, and knowing we are never going to have a 3-year old in the house again.... :( She is just such a sweet and lovable girl, but still has that naughty streak (that I secretly love!). But we are seeing so many glimpses of her "getting" it, figuring out on her own what is appropriate behavior. She is learning new things, loves writing words and drawing pictures and trying so hard to learn to read - every time we have ranch dressing at dinner she sounds out the word - look mom, I can read - rrr...aaa...nnn...kkk....hhhh....RANCH!!! (this despite the multiple times we've explained c and h together say CH.) She constantly tells us that she learned this or that at school...and talks about her friend Alana at preschool (note: she doesn't go to school, nor does she have a friend named Alana!! Hayley does!). Happy 4th Birthday Ainsley!!! I just can't believe you are growing up so fast!
Anyway, can't end a post without a couple pictures, so here we are....









....THEN....








....and NOW....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a day late!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ainsley!! Glad to see the little girl appear, sad to see the toddler go.....\,,/ lots ! Auntie M

Shirley Casey said...

Ohhhh! She is so cute! I can't believe how quickly they grow! Happy Birthday Ainsley!
Also, love the pictures of the girls date with Dan. I love that idea. I would love to start something like this for Emily to do with Daniel. ~Shirley

Collins Fam said...

Crazy girlie! She is her mama's daughter.:) Happy Birthday Ainsley! Tate sends big hugs!

Kimberly said...

What a cutie patootie, both then and now! Happy Belated Birthday, Ainsley!
P.S. So I knew that Savanah and Hayley were born just a day apart but I didn't realize that our other girls also shared a birthday month. Samantha's birthday is the 23rd of February!

Kimberly said...

Also, I love that you say that you secretly love the little bit of naughtiness in Ainsley. What a gift for her Mom to love every aspect of her even the ones that some people might not. She's a lucky girl to have you on her side! Personally though, I think that she is an angel w/o a hint of naughtiness!!! ;)

Kathy said...

It's so neat to see her new little baby photo. She looks the same, just small and sweetly scrunched! : ) Happy B-day, big girl! You and Grant are so close in age. He turns for on Friday!