Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth
Of course it's Disneyland, how could it NOT be? I mean, that place is just HAPPY. And fun. Maybe a bit overwhelming to a timid 4-year old but VERY exciting to a not-so-timid 7 year old. And frankly, I would love to just live there - everything is always so clean and if someone so much as spills a kernel of popcorn, there are 3 people with dustpans to sweep it up. Love that. :)

Anyway, we had a wonderful 5 days in warm, sunny SoCal at Disneyland and California Adventure - did NOT want to come back. This was the first time I've actually been homesick for California. I'll post more stuff and some photos later but for now I'll just leave you with this one, it was as we were leaving yesterday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you bring us back any In and Out?
come on!

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to live in Disneyland for years. I'm STIL Ltrying to figure out a way to do it! Can't wait to see the pics - I thought of you all down there in the warm sunshine.....sigh. \,,/

Vollmer Family said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! I'm so excited when our boys are all old enough to enjoy a fun Disneyland vacation!

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Oh, I know, coming back from the warmth and sunshine is SOOOO hard. Especially when we had a little bit of snow yesterday :-(((

Jane Anne said...

That's one adorable picture of the girls with the Mickey hats! I absolutely cannot wait to make that trip to Disneyland (and Legoland!). We are hoping for next summer. Keep sharing the pictures!

Stephanie said...

Hi Melissa, long time no talk. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time at Disneyland. What a bummer that you were in Cali and we didn't get a chance to see each other. It's been since 1976 or something like that since we last saw each other...wow! Your girls are beautiful. Drop me an e-mail sometime.
Stephanie

The Coatney's said...

so cute! Your girls are beautiful! And how fun to go to Disneyland! I'm dying to take Gavin but I think we should wait until our little Katie Bugg is older. What's your advice?