Monday, March 16, 2009

Girl's Weekend!!
I took Hayley on her first ever girls weekend. She has been DYING to go on one and I really wanted the time for the two of us to just hang out and be together. It was SO FUN! First we headed to the Tacoma mall for some shopping and lunch, then to the hotel. We stayed one night at the Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal - what a beautiful place! We relaxed and read and painted our nails, went to dinner at the hotel restaurant (FABULOUS food), watched The Princess Bride, worked on sewing a teddy bear and stayed up late talking. In the morning, we ordered room service for breakfast and watched some TV, worked some more on the bear and just vegged. On the way home, we stopped for coffee, and then at the mall for some more shopping. It was a really really fun trip, and just so great for me to be able to have that one-on-one time with Hayley. That girl can TALK! I think she completely enjoyed her first girls weekend!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

FUN!

Kathy said...

What a great idea, Melissa. You always hear of father/son trips... why not do GIRL WEEKENDS?!!! So awesome! I'm totally going to do that with Mary... later on. :)