Sunday, December 07, 2008

25 Days of Christmas - Day 6

Cut down Christmas tree

We were sooo thankful to have a decent weather day for the tree-cutting event this year! Last year, searching for a tree and cutting it down in the middle of snow and sleet and wind and freezing temps...not so fun. This year was 50 and partly sunny - perfect! It was nice to be able to take the time to find just the right tree, not just the one closest to the warm car. I love our tree!


Finding just the right one....

Found it!!!


Difficult to cut down a tree with a dull saw!
I think we have a new tradition - the girls love this book and Hayley sat and read it to Ainsley while Dan got the tree trimmed and into the stand. Can't wait for lights and decorations!!!

2 comments:

bennettsgotoseminary said...

I love that book! I grew up reading "Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree" every year with my mom. Now Titus and I read it together :) Great minds. . .

Kimberly said...

i agree it was a perfect day for picking out a tree!!!!