Tuesday, December 09, 2008

25 Days of Christmas - Day 9

Red and Green Night!

My kids LOVE this idea...(thanks Michele!) - we have only red and green foods for dinner! Last year, Ainsley would NOT eat the green noodles and it took a lot of convincing to make her realize they don't taste different. :) This year was a bit easier - though the green ranch dressing was a bit off-putting to her.
Our menu was:
Spaghetti (noodles colored green)
Red sauce
Green salad, red tomatoes, green ranch dressing (or red 1000 Island for Dan)
Green garlic-cheese biscuits
Red milk (well, it was actually pink, it was hard to get it RED and we ran out of food coloring)
Red and green M&M cookies

Such a fun night for the girls, and no extra effort/expense for us!

Ainsley and I made the M&M cookies together - this is a fun, easy recipe for little ones!

Uhh....apparently she sampled some of them...


Such colorful food! The pink milk is still making me laugh

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

What a fun idea! I love it! I am going to make a list from your Christmas days and Sarah Giampapa's (She's blogging about it, too. Did I already tell you about that?) I am really going to do this next year. Awesome!

Sam and Brandi said...

Fun Idea! Sam and I were just talking about how *old* Ainsley looks!